Monday, May 7, 2012

Intro

After downing a bag of Dove dark chocolate, I realized I have a problem. I'm addicted to chocolate. I'm even an elitist chocoholic, I prefer the finer dark chocolates though I will stoop to a Hershey milk chocolate bar if I need a hit.

I decided to quit cold turkey. Last Friday was my first day of no chocolate. I worked for 8 hours with York, Hershey's, and Dove at my desk and managed to keep them out of my mouth. I did pick one up a few times and had to put it back. So I celebrated with Extreme Chocolate ice cream.

Saturday, I found a package of Hershey's kisses with caramel in the living room (someone was obviously trying to sabotage me) but I was stronger than the chocolate....or so I thought. I blinked and had 3 wrappers in my hand. Oh crap, I just had a chocolate blackout. I didn't even know you could have such a thing, but now realized this wasn't as easy as I had thought.

Sunday would be my day, I was going to be chocolate free for a day. I kept myself busy, had no chocolate in the house, and did a good job until I was sitting on the couch unwinding before going to bed. I remembered I had chocolate ice cream. Dang, yeah I had some.

So Monday is my day. Here we go, no chocolate for 24 hours, I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment