Friday, December 14, 2012

Honey Boo Boo

Ok I've seen a total of 5 episodes and I just couldn't make myself watch anymore. How do people think that lifestyle is acceptable? I'm not talking about the farting and funny stuff they do in their home that we are all guilty of. I would venture a guess that most families would be a little embarrassed if some of the things we did in our homes were taped and shown to the world. I'm talking about the cheese puff dinners or noodle/butter/ketchup spaghetti. No wonder they're all overweight, and shame on her for not being the mom of the family and making better quality meals for her children.

I understand money is hard to come by, I'm still trying to find my money tree, but I think I remember seeing a vegetable garden in their yard. Here's an idea, plant some tomatoes, stew them, and make your own spaghetti sauce out of fresh ingredients. I haven't actually seen her go to a job in any episode so between her and her 2 daughters that are old enough to help, a spaghetti dinner with real tomato sauce should not be difficult. That's even if they can't afford a jar of Ragu. While we're on the topic of money, if I couldn't afford more than to feed my children butter and ketchup, you better believe I wouldn't drive a newer Dodge truck, enter my kid in beauty pageants, buy her new pageant dresses, buy her a pig/chicken/duck/hamster or whatever animal it is this week they're giving her knowing they're going to take it away in a week.

Oh that's a whole new can of worms, what responsible adult buys their daughter a pig without fully researching them to make sure that animal is a good fit fir their family? I was sad but not surprised when the pig had to "go back to the breeders" (did anyone actually confirm that's where the pig went?), but I was appalled when I learned they decided to replace the pig with a chicken. Yeah cause those are great in the house and don't make noise or poop at all. Why not a fish first or maybe a cat like most people? Or here's another idea don't buy an animal at all when you can't afford your own family...and get a JOB.

Notice I'm leaving the pregnant daughter completely alone, I'm not even going to tackle that one right now. This show should be called "What's Wrong with America Today" or "101 Ways not to be a Good Parent" and I just hope it gets kicked off the networks sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment